Medical Assistant Lead
Company: Salud Family Health Centers
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Company DescriptionSince 1970, Salud has been committed to
providing a Medical Home to patients, where medical, dental,
behavioral health services and clinical pharmacists work together
and coordinate efforts in a team based system of care. We strive to
improve the quality of our patient's lives who would otherwise have
limited access to health care. We serve all individuals regardless
of their insurance status or ability to pay.Job DescriptionGeneral
Description of Duties:The Medical Assistant Lead will supervise the
patient care team performing medical assisting duties that optimize
the patient experience. Additionally, the Medical Assistant Lead
will mentor and train staff, motivate and enable their assigned
area to deliver the most effective and efficient patient care. The
Medical Assistant Lead approaches his/her duties in a team based
fashion that supports patients and their families in
self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change. Adheres to the
spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned
duties. Supervision Received:Works under the direct supervision of
the or Associate Center Manager at the home clinic.Supervision
Exercised:Provides formal supervision to Medical Assistants and
others as assigned including development, training, coaching,
hiring, performance evaluation, time management and
- The Medical Assistant Lead acts as a patient advocate for our
vulnerable population by ensuring that the patient is fully
informed and comfortable with their visit to Salud.
- May serve as a Medical Assistant as required if staff are out
on vacation or sick. Leads may continuously serve in MA roles
- Monitor and manage patient flow through the medical back
office, make adjustments as needed to promote a positive patient
- Ensures that SALUD policies and procedures are followed by MAs.
Trains policies and procedures as needed and follows up to ensure
work is being accomplished as outlined.
- Ensures all medical back office operations are completed in an
accurate and timely fashion. Performs audits to ensure quality
standards are met and program guidance is followed
- Provides formal supervision to Medical Assistants and others as
assigned including development, training, coaching, hiring,
performance evaluation, time management and payroll
- Serves as part of the care team with Medical Providers,
Behavioral Health Providers, other Medical Assistants, and Customer
Service Associates to ensures that patients obtain the highest
standard of integrated health care
- Trains and mentors MAs from levels I-V
- Ensures that clinic staff promote a positive customer service
experience for all patients and internal customers
- Follows procedures for the electronic health records
- Promote Safety standards are met at the Center from JCAHO, OSHA
- Increases communication between Center Management and Medical
- Assists Medical Support Manager or Associate Center Manager
with scheduling of employees to obtain optimal clinic efficiency
and staffing ratios
- Anticipates needs of Medical Providers to maintain fluid
patient flow throughout clinic
- Maintains medical supplies and medications
- Respects privacy by adhering to patient and employee
- Responsible for meeting quality measures on quality scorecard.
Offers suggestions for the Continuous Quality Improvement process
and assists in the development of back office standards. Recommends
changes in the systems that would result in a more effective and
- Responds appropriately to medical emergencies
- Performs other duties as assigned. QualificationsQualifications
for Appointment:Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to relate well with co-workers, patients and possess
sensitivity toward the needs of others.
- Ability to work in a team based care environment and must work
well with other patient care team members
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems,
objectives, structures, team building and culture change.
- Ability to manager difficult or angry patients
- Effective organizational, time management and delegation skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skill in leadership, management and supervision of
- Skill in planning, organizing, coordinating and project
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving and
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to create a clinic atmosphere which encourages
motivation, innovation and high performance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in public settings.
- Knowledge of insurance company operating procedures
- Ability to recognize, evaluates, solve problems and correct
- Ability to learn the necessary skills.
- Ability to pass yearly competency skills.
- Ability to manage patient complaints
- Must work well with the patient care team.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a
must.Education:High school diploma or GED. Certified or Registered
Medical Assistant required.Experience:Five years of experience
working as a medical assistant.Bilingual English/Spanish
preferred.Licensure: Credentialed Medical AssistantBlood borne
Pathogen Risk Level:High risk for blood borne pathogensPhysical
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of
- Occasionally lifts and carries items.
- Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
- Requires exposure to communicable diseases and bodily
- Requires working under stress in emergency situations or
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record data
electronically and communicating with patients. Additional
InformationSalud Family Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or
employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, color, religion,
national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other applicable status protected by federal,
state, or local laws. All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Salud Family Health Centers, Aurora , Medical Assistant Lead, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!