Registered Respiratory Therapist
Posted on: February 14, 2019
University of Colo Hospital
Respiratory Care Main
1st Shift - Days
Scheduled Days & Hours:
72 hrs/pp, Days and hours may vary
We are looking for a Respiratory Therapist to share the department's vision "To advance the boundaries of respiratory care through knowledge, service, and integrity". The Respiratory Therapist will provide care for patients with respiratory disorders.
Located at the University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora, CO. This is a full time, 72 hrs/pp (biweekly), day shift, hours may vary. Compensation benefit package includes high deductible plan for $0 for full time employee status, education assistance, fully funded pension plan and annual performance bonus.
* Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
* Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance.
* Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment utilizing appropriate protocols.
* Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community resources.
* Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
* Registered as a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). State licensure if required by law.
* ACLS within 1 year; NRP and PALS Tracked on units.
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
At Employer, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at Employer is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At Employer, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
Employer recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Employer is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. Employer does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Keywords: UCHealth, Aurora , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!