Software/Systems Integration Team Lead
Posted on: November 10, 2018
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software/Systems Integration Team Lead to work at either our Annapolis Junction, Maryland; San Diego, California; or Aurora, Colorado location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program. Minimal travel will be involved if located in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. Up to 10 percent travel will be required if located in San Diego or Aurora.
This individual must be an energetic, motivated self-starter who is looking for a challenging position as a team lead supporting the software/system integration team of an extremely dynamic complex system with geographically distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in Agile practices; have demonstrable skills providing system integration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of both hardware and software components and devices; and have past or current experience as a team lead in a software development/integration environment, working closely with technical leads and program managers in identifying and resolving complex software, integration, and test-related issues.
As a technical expert in software/system integration, the selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing and resolving complex integration challenges based on independent, hands-on identification and diagnosis of hardware and software issues. He/she will employ sound judgment and precise forethought in their analysis and application of software/system integration and test concepts. The selected candidate will work closely with the Systems Integration & Test Lead, software developers and test team leads, and in some cases the Customer, in prioritizing, documenting, and communicating their integration activities, relaying this information to other team members, and reporting on issues and providing status on open issues.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all issues are identified, tracked, addressed by the appropriate personnel, and resolved in a timely and efficient manner. The Software/Systems Integration Team Lead will work with other internal team leads as well as with external organizations to develop technical plans and execution strategies for upcoming test and integration activities and events. He/she will coordinate activities within the Integration Team and will provide program managers and other team leads with technical assessments, status reports, and updates on team activities. He/she must possess the technical abilities necessary to fully understand and support the software development cycle of a complex software system - i.e. requirements analysis, system design, software development, testing, integration, documentation, and maintenance.
- Requires BS Degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience leading and/or supporting large-scale system integration projects from design through formal test
- At least five (5) years of experience in software development
- Experience in a broad range of technologies and capabilities including requirements lifecycle, architecture development, functional analysis, and/or systems analysis
- Experience integrating complex COTS software products with a variety of operating systems
- Experience in one or more of the following: designing software for server-client systems, integrating COTS products and technologies into a cohesive system, testing software, transitioning software into operations, and understanding Web services
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to successfully communicate and collaborate with team members from a broad range of technical disciplines (software developers, testers, system engineers, etc.)
- Must be solutions-oriented and possess a high level of self-initiative and enthusiasm
- MS in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- In-depth experience with Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum and XP
- Familiarity with Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, and unit testing frameworks
- Scripting experience in Windows environments (Powershell), Perl or Python
Keywords: Leidos, Aurora , Software/Systems Integration Team Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!