Company: Delta Information Systems, Inc.
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Roles and Responsibilities:1) 5% - Network Assessment and Application Mapping :
- Provide an end to end network assessment and map critical applications.
- Identify critical applications and vital data impacting the network.
- Measure and document network performance and functionality.
- Map network topology including protocols and logical drawings.2) 10% - Network Monitoring:
- Manage and maintain all monitoring tools such as Netman, Cat Tools, SolarWinds.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Analyze traffic pattern including utilization and throughput statistics.
- Monitor logs and status of systems.
- Proactively monitor circuits and equipment.3) 20% - Inventory and Asset Management:
- Manage and maintain inventory records of network hardware and software assets including version software for those devices that require upgrades periodically.
- Work with agencies and awarded vendor on SmartNet contract of all Cisco devices.4) 10% - Technical Processes, Procedures, Reporting and Documentation:
- Make recommendations on new processes, procedures, and technology to increase the productivity or efficiency of the Client.
- Maintain accurate network documentation and diagrams for the Client supported facilities.
- Generates and maintains detailed documentation on LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Providing reports to customers and managements as requested.5) 25% - Network Operations Technical Support:
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot network devices, cabling, and networking hardware and software products.
- Maintain all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPS's.
- Receive and respond to incoming tickets, calls, and/or e-mails regarding network connectivity problems.
- Perform on-site analyze, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
- Adhere to all established Change Management processes and policies.
- Provide detailed information for all changes to the network, Compliance with current and appropriate procedures for scheduling and notifications.
- Alert management to any problems or issues that could adversely affect the scheduled change.6) 20% - Project Management and Incident Response:
- Apply project management practices and methodologies to enterprise network infrastructure projects.
- Prepare project charter, scope, and requirements documents, estimates, plans, and schedules.
- Track project progress and prepare project status reports.
- Communicate appropriate project information with management, customers, stakeholders, and users.
- Participate in team meetings, work sessions, and organizational improvement activities.
- Share information and ideas, communicate constructively about issues and problems, and help to build a teamwork culture.7) 10% - Other Duties as assigned:
- Reconciliation of network assets and billing.
- Other duties as assignedRequired Skills:
- At least 2 years as a network administrator.
- Plan and perform network administration research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with network design, engineering and customer specification under the supervision of Lead Network Administrators. - provided by Dice CCNA, TCP/IP, Netman/ Cat Tools/ SolarWinds
Keywords: Delta Information Systems, Inc., Aurora , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!