Operations Technical III - Federal (N)
Posted on: June 20, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
Thte GSD NOC has an opening on the 2nd shift (2:00 pm - 11:pm) for
an Ops Technician III - Federal position in its downtown Denver
facility. The ideal candidate will have previous NOC experience
managing Layer 1 - 3 services and fiber backbone networks.
Candidates must either possess an active security clearance
orundergo a preliminary secuirty pre-screen evaluation and be able
to obtain a security clearance..
Strong working knowledge and experience on DWDM Layer 1, Metro
Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols)
- Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies
(e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP,
- Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms.
Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize
potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program
Office with risk potential and impact assessments
- Management of circuits (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform
testing and activation of new network circuits as well as
long-haul, metro and international optical networks
- Work very closely with Federal government NOC customers for all
demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network
management requirements and protocols.
- Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop
design optimization plans accordingly
- Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other
entities on complex technical matters
- Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in
regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other
- Review and interpret EDPs and as-built engineering
- Coordinate and track RMA requests, including vendor interface
to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA
Minimum of 5+ years experience with SONET based, long-haul and
metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems,
SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or
Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS
- Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU
data networking equivalent
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit
maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and
- Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations,
interfaces is strongly preferred.
- Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems. Ensure
services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet
loss, jitter, throughput. Ability to test using standard protocols,
as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks,
proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite
service/network outages, professional interaction skills with
customers and management
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Gov't
- Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco,
Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper,
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues
simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical
thinking when under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical
skill set of shift technicians
- Previous experience with Gov't networks and customers. Ability
to interface in a professional manner with management and customer
- Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation
Associates or Equivalent in Electronics or Engineering General
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition #: 213394
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Aurora , Operations Technical III - Federal (N), IT / Software / Systems , Denver, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!