Company: Greif, Inc.
Posted on: October 13, 2019
- Medical, dental and vision coverage with employee
- 401(k) with 5%company match
- Vacation time
- Personal Days
Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a global leader in industrial
packaging products and services and is pursuing its vision to
become the world s best performing customer service company in
industrial packaging. The company produces steel, plastic and fibre
drums, intermediate bulk containers, reconditioned containers,
flexible products, containerboard, uncoated recycled paperboard,
coated recycled paperboard, tubes and cores and a diverse mix of
specialty products. The company also manufactures packaging
accessories and provides filling, packaging and other services for
a wide range of industries. Greif also manages timber properties in
the southeastern United States. The company is strategically
positioned with 290 operating locations in 43 countries to serve
global as well as regional customers.
The Warehouse Associate must have Forklift Operator experience.
Responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate,
stack, count and sort various grades of raw material. This position
requires being accountable for the safe and efficient operation of
the vehicle and other power industrial equipment as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing all required duties and tasks in accordance with
Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Checking vehicle and trailer to ensure the mechanical, safety and
emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Safely load, unload, move, stack, and stage sorted raw materials
using a forklift, or other power industrial equipment as
- Be physically able to assist with unloading tractor trailers and
move pallets as necessary.
- Requires repeatedly bending, twisting, turning, mounting and
dismounting forklift and other power industrial equipment
- Dump/save boxes as necessary.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put-away,
and loading functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean,
and orderly fashion.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other
equipment as necessary.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions. Make sure
that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned and
secured. Sit-down position for the Forklift Operator.
- Maintain daily worksheet.
- Report vehicle defects, incidents, traffic violations, or damage
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar
Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Maintain up-to-date forklift operating license as deemed
- Working location and hours flexibility; working hours 40 hours+
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Have exceptional judgment, ability, initiative, and aptitude in
the carrying out of assignments with minimum direct
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Qualified forklift operator (Sit Down)
- Two (2) Years of experience operating a Forklift
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday with weekend work as
- Knowledge and ability to work safe in a team environment.
- Possess clear oral and written communication skills
Caraustar provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified
persons and does not discriminate against any associate or
applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expressions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other
protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. In all activities of recruitment, employment,
promotions, transfers and other terms and conditions of employment,
the individual s ability to perform specific job functions shall be
the primary consideration. If, because of a disability, you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
please contact us at email@example.com or via fax at
Keywords: Greif, Inc., Aurora , Warehouse Associate, Professions , Aurora, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!